Saturday, May 5, 2012

Back on deck

All this blog and book reading isn't going to get three canoes built.  Luckily I am on the mend and have been able to spend the day in the workshop getting the canoe seat installed and all the lines connected.  The floor, seat and pedals are part of the same assembly and can be completely removed for transport.  At this stage I am just trying to get everything together quickly in the knowledge that I will be changing the details after I have had a chance to try the boat on the water.  One of the questions I have is the ratio of pedal to rudder movement.  The plans show the lines mounted 7 inches from the rudder pivot and 6 inches from the pedal pivot.  This means I don't get much rudder movement from my 4 inch range of foot movement.  I'll be taking my battery drill on launch day to make adjustments if I cant make a tight turn after I push off.