Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Keeping the magic alive.

I'm back at work tomorrow so I have been making meatballs, eating cheese and crispbread and drinking lots of weak coffee to keep the Swedish holiday magic going as long as possible.  I have also fitted a handle to my new carving blade and given all the new knives a good test run.  The only knife I was really on the lookout for was the open sweep spoon knife but the prices were so cheap for the Mora knives I bought one of each of the carving knives.  I probably wouldn't normally have chosen these knives because they are longer than I like.  Watching the pro's wrap their hand around the blade to use the tip makes me a bit nervous.  I have discovered that if I pinch the work piece with my thumb and forefinger of my left hand I can use it as a stable fulcrum with my right hand driving the tip from the safety of the handle.